Tinker AFB, OK
Summary of Job Description:
Provide tier-2 and tier-3 technical support for the Automatic Identification Technology (AIT) program. Manage Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) back-end and Government-Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) front-end software/application configuration, operational assessment, maintenance, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for the Air Force Global Enterprise Tracking (AFGET) system. Conduct site surveys based on customer requirements and facilitate AIT solution design, planning, deployment, maintenance, and sustainment. Support equipment research and procurement; coordinate equipment installation; facilitate work completion; and conduct quality-assurance inspections. Manage customer calls and trouble tickets for equipment and outages utilizing Remedy Information Technology (IT) Service Management System. Run system, “health-and-status” checks to ensure compliance with established performance standards. Conduct travel (approximately 25%) to provide on-site support at other contracted locations. Provide proactive and on-demand customer support and perform other duties as assigned to optimize system performance and AIT program support.
· Current Department of Defense SECRET Security Clearance.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 accredited professional certification (CompTIA Security+ Certification).
· Understanding of Information Technology hardware and software integration.
· 4 - 6+ years’ experience working with COTS and GOTS computer Applications.
· Proficiency with Windows Operating Systems.
· Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills (English).
Highly Desired Skills/Certifications:
- Working knowledge of commercial Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology and associated software (preferably Zebra Technologies).
- Familiarity with the Air Force Global Enterprise Technology.
· Understanding of computer security vulnerabilities and protection techniques.
· Familiarity with Symantec/McAfee Antivirus programs.
· Experience with service processors and remote access technologies.
Mission Services Inc. (MSI) is an equal opportunity employer, our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.